Can we learn something about Europe’s present and future by turning to its past? The LSE ‘Europe in Question’ Discussion Paper Series asks four prominent scholars to pick a year in history that they feel has analogies with 2017 and to reflect on it.
- Michael Cox is Director of LSE IDEAS and Emeritus Professor of International Relations at LSE.
- Abby Innes is Assistant Professor of Political Economy at LSE’s European Institute.
- Mike Savage (@MikeSav47032563) is Martin White Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of LSE’s International Inequalities Institute.
- Alan Sked is Professor Emeritus of International History at LSE.
- Lucia Rubinelli is a Fellow in Political Theory at the LSE Government Department.
The LSE European Institute (@LSEEI) is a centre for research and graduate teaching on the processes of integration and fragmentation within Europe. In the most recent national Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) the Institute was ranked first for research in its sector.