Pertti’s Choice is the London popup of Pertin Valinta, an Outsider art gallery and agency from Helsinki. It is Finland’s first social enterprise founded by learning disabled people and aims to support the careers of disabled artists.
The Popup will include:
– Vegan IPI Kulmakuppila
– Virtual reality exhibition Inside Outside Finland,
– Art by Kalevi Helvetti, Tanya Raabe-Webber and Pekka Elomaa’s Collective.
– Tanya Raabe-Webber and Kalevi Helvetti portrait drawing workshop on Friday 9th of August 11–13 and 14–16.
– Shop selling limited collection of Outsider Art, music and crafts
– Live gigs, artist meet&greets
Pertti’s Choice has been made possible by funding from Arts Council England and Ministry of Culture and Education in Finland. The event is supported by Muusikkojen liitto, the Embassy of Finland in London, and the Finnish EU Presidency 2019–2020, Kyrö Distillery Company, Kaffecentralen and Iittala. In cooperation with Autismisäätiö and Taiteen edistämiskeskus – Taike.
Kalevi Helvetti, Tanya Raabe-Webber, Enni Id, Veijo Rönkkönen, Markku Tolvanen, Riina Noro, Hanna Keynäs, Eeva Lusenius,
Kalle Salonen, Rudolf Väliaho, Sam Heat, Miika Turunen,
Maija Mattila, Zombie Crash, Pekka Elomaa, Kalle Pajamaa, Niila Suoranta